Charitable Gift Annuities
A charitable gift annuity (“CGA”) provides a fixed lifetime income payment for your donor, or to one or two life income beneficiaries (annuitants) they may choose to designate. After the death of the annuitant(s), the remainder of the gift is transferred to your organization’s designated account at FFC.
Friends Fiduciary will issue the CGA and allow your donor to designate your organization as the charitable beneficiary. As the issuer of the annuity, Friends Fiduciary bears responsibility for:
- Preparation and distribution of all annuity payments
- Investment of the gift assets
- Donor’s tax benefit calculations and annual tax forms
- Liability for all future annuity payments
- Annual calculation of the required state reserves
- Registration and annual reporting in all states where required
- Termination calculations
Charitable Gift Annuities carry no direct fees for your organization or donors. Friends Fiduciary charges the CGA asset pool an annual administrative fee, in addition to investment and bank fees.
Friends Fiduciary can provide illustrations, calculations, and information to your development staff or directly to your donors. Please contact Mimi Blackwell, Director of Philanthropic Services, at 215-241-7272, or you may also use our online gift calculator if you would like to run an illustration yourself.